This spring, in partnership with our allies at Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton, we’re launching our first co-op incubator, a 15-week program for groups looking to launch worker-owned businesses.
By March 1, groups of 2 or more people with a vision for a worker-owned co-op can apply to join this state-wide cohort with sponsorship from Cleveland Owns. You and your team can apply at this link.
Here's more information about the project:
We’re now accepting applications for Co-op U, which starts March 21! Apply by March 1 at this link
What is Co-op U?
- A training and support program that helps teams develop a worker-owned business. It's a virtual program in partnership with Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton.
Participants in Co-op U:
- Adapt a proven, replicable business model and develop a successful business plan of their own
- Benefit from weekly virtual trainings, 1-on-1 mentorship, and technical assistance, as well as hands-on training by professionals
- Receive assistance incorporating and structuring your business
- Have an opportunity to access financing
How long is the program?
- Our Co-op U lasts 14 weeks, with participants meeting virtually from 6-8 PM EST on Tuesdays
- In addition to weekly evening sessions, participants are expected to dedicate additional time (2-5 hours a week) to conducting research, interviewing potential customers and partners, and testing their product or service
Who is the program designed for?
- Teams of at least 2 Ohio residents with a business idea
- $500 - $2,500 per team, with a sliding scale based on ability to pay
- By March 1, complete the application at this link
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org